Cross-Cultural and International Core Teams Development
For more than 30 years, I have had a strong professional relationship with peoples of various cultures and from many countries. Since 2007, I have offered a cross-cultural approach to the courses I developed and deliver through Taking Flight International Corporation, at the Star of the North Centre in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada, and within communities.
I have provided professionals from around the world, including hundreds of First Nation Canadians from every province and territory, the knowledge and skills required for them to provide support and counseling to individuals and groups in Trauma Recovery, Grief Support, Suicide Intervention, and most recently, in Healing the Ambiguous Losses Associated with Missing and Murdered Women and Girls.
Grief Support Certification, Star of the North Centre, Canada
Trauma Recovery Certification, Athens, Greece
Members from one First Nation Community, in Saskatchewan, consented to participate in a research study to determine the effectiveness of the cross-cultural healing methods I have developed and teach. Read about my research.
Soul Retrieval Following Trauma: A Cultural Comparison
Jane A. Simington, PhD.
AbstractPost-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a disabling psychiatric condition involving an ongoing re-experiencing of the traumatic events. In attempting to escape the distressing emotions involved in the reliving, many PTSD patients with prolonged traumatic experiences, such as childhood abuse and war experiences, show a clinical syndrome that is characterized by dissociation (Lanius, 2010). Spiritual interventions, such as various types of soul retrieval that have been practiced by various First Peoples worldwide, can be effective in addressing the soul loss that occurs as a result of dissociation. This study applied a soul retrieval regression therapy intervention to two different research groups, university students and Indigenous adults, with statistically significant results.
Joanna Grecos & Constantine Panayotopoulos
I am Giota Rousakou, a practicing somatic psychotherapist in Athens Greece, and in therapy, I work a lot with the body and its expression. My trainings with Dr. Jane Simington have helped me immensely in my work. Through advanced skills that I have acquired in her trainings, I am able to lead my clients to connect deeper with their body and with the messages that the body sends. I am able to better facilitate their steps to healing. Dr. Jane Simington has continued supporting me and fellow therapists who have trained with her, through the years, offering insight, knowledge and mostly, her love.
Somatic Therapist and Mental Health Counselor, Greece.
Requirements to Offer the Training in Your Location
- Minimum number of participants: 12
- Maximum number of participants: 18
- The Hiring Agency covers the costs for the Facilitator’s and the Co-facilitator’s meals, accommodations, and travel.
- Meeting room to be arranged and paid for by the hiring agency.
- Please have chairs in a circle in the classroom, one for each participant and one for the Facilitator and Co-facilitator.
- Please have enough table space (tables and chairs against the walls and windows) for each participant to complete art activities.
- Please have 3 tables for art supplies.
- Please have a large whiteboard (4’x5’), whiteboard markers and white board cleaner in the teaching room.
- Please have a small table for the ceremonial supplies.
- Please have a small table by the whiteboard for teaching supplies.
- Please have a table placed by an electrical outlet for the sale of resources.
- Please have 4 boxes of tissues.
- Please have a large garbage can and a small lined garbage can.
- Each participant must submit an application form at least one week before training starts.
- The Facilitator will require access to the classroom for set up, for one hour prior to class beginning. The preferred time is the evening before.
Taking Flight International Corporation
Offices of Dr. Jane Simington. PhD.
205 Griesbach Road NW
Edmonton, AB T5E 6S5
E-Mail: [email protected]