Repeated trauma in adult life erodes a personality already formed, but repeated trauma in childhood forms and deforms the personality (Herman, 1997). “The child trapped in an abusive environment must find a way to preserve a sense of trust in people who are untrustworthy, safety in a situation that is unsafe, control in a situation that is terrifyingly and unpredictable; power in a situation of helplessness.” (Herman, 1997, 96).
During the course you review theories and methods for helping and healing childhood trauma that are research supported. You gain skills using therapeutic art and guided visualization as healing modalities. You incorporate the use of the elements and the theories and practices of mental health nursing, developmental, spiritual, and counseling psychologies.
Accreditation for the Certified Childhood Trauma Counselor Course is provided by the Canadian Council of Professional Certifications (CCPC Global).
The primary goal of the Certified Childhood Trauma Counselor Certification Course is that you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work in a more wholistic way with those who have experienced childhood trauma and are struggling with boundary and power imbalance issue that result from their traumatic experiences.
Because a counselor can bring another only as far along the healing process as the counselor has been, a second goal of the course is the facilitation of personal healing experiences for each participant.
Together these goals allow you to embark on a journey of personal and professional growth.
- Review effects of trauma on the brain and nervous system.
- Advance knowledge of the development of the personality.
- Practice methods to heal attachment and bonding concerns.
- Recognize trauma responses resulting from violence in childhood.
- Gain knowledge of boundary and power imbalance issues resulting from childhood trauma.
- Advance counseling skills, specific to supporting those experiencing trauma resulting from childhood violence.
- Acquire knowledge and skill in using healing strategies, including therapeutic art, guided visualization, and energy work to alleviate manifestations of trauma.
With the Purchase of the Certified Childhood Trauma Counselor Certification Course, you receive:
- All the Written Materials and Audiovisuals required to successfully master the content in the Units.
- Exercises and Assignments specific to each Unit that enrich your abilities to apply the content.
- Feedback from the Course Facilitator on your progress following the submission of the Required Assignments and Review Questions.
Process and Timeframe
- Submit your completed Application Form and the Application Fee.
- When your application is accepted, you will be notified to make the course payment.
- Access to the course content is available immediately upon payment.
- Work at your own pace in the submission of Required Assignments and Review Questions required for each unit.
- There is a six-month timeframe allotted for the completion of all materials required for certification.