At some point in life, each of us struggles in our attempts to make sense of the circumstances surrounding tragic experiences. While the effects are felt physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, their soul pain, is for many, of the greatest intensity, for the soul nagging questions will not be silenced until answers are found that fit into a view of reality that has been drastically altered as a result of the lived experiences. ©Jane A. Simington PhD. 2023.
Methodologies are from the theories and practices that flow from holism, art as therapy, clinical hypnotherapy, and ancient healing methods, including the use of the elements and sacred ritual. Human and universal energy field theory and practices are incorporated, as are the theories and practices of mental health nursing, sociology, Jungian, developmental, spiritual, and counseling psychologies.
The Trauma Recovery Certification Course is accredited by the Canadian Council of Professional Certifications (CCPC Global).
The primary goal of the Trauma Recovery Certification Level Two Online Course is that you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work in a more wholistic way with those who have experienced childhood trauma or domestic violence, and those who struggle with boundary and power imbalance issue that result from their traumatic experiences. Basic to this course is the belief that a therapeutic helper can bring another only as far along the healing journey as he or she has already come. A second goal of this course is, therefore, the facilitation of personal healing experiences for each participant.
1) Review information on trauma informed helping.
2) Advance knowledge of various theories and approaches to trauma treatment.
3) Recognize trauma responses as they manifest following childhood trauma.
4) Recognize trauma responses resulting from domestic violence.
5) Gain knowledge of boundary and power imbalance issues resulting from traumatic life events.
6) Advance counseling skills specific to supporting those experiencing trauma resulting from childhood abuse and domestic violence.
7) Acquire knowledge and skill in using healing strategies, including therapeutic art, guided visualization, and energy work to alleviate manifestations of trauma.
8) Advance personal and professional growth and identify strategies to mitigate the effects of vicarious trauma for self and team members.
9) Develop a paradigm for trauma recovery practice that allows the implementation of holistic methods of helping and healing.
With the Purchase of the Trauma Recovery Certification Level Two Online Course, you receive:
- All the Written Materials and Audiovisuals required to successfully master the content in the Units.
- Exercises and Assignments specific to each Unit that enrich your abilities to apply the content.
- Feedback from the Course Facilitator on your progress following the submission of the Required Assignments and Review Questions.
Process and Timeframe
- Submit your completed Application Form and the Application Fee.
- When your application is accepted, you will be notified to make the course payment.
- Access to the course content is available immediately upon payment.
- Work at your own pace in the submission of Required Assignments and Review Questions required for each unit.
- There is a six-month timeframe allotted for the completion of all materials required for certification.